Tuesday 2 September 2008

a blogger.

Hi All,

I have decided to become a blogger, mainly because the people in my lives appear to be unenthralled by my constant banter about sewing, but also in a vague attempt to keep myself motivated.

I have recently finished my school education, with a lowly B in textiles, but the B was accumilated in the exam, i got an A on my practical, thank goodness. Over the summer I have started sewing as much as i can ( i have been on my sewing machine at 4 AM, which - as my father gets up at 5 AM to go to work - has needless to say been met with hostile responses). I also discovered the world of sewing blogs, and i am not attempting to replicate some of the amazing one's i've favorited - I simply want to chronicle my vague attempts at being creative. This blog is going to show my own ideas (the ones of which work are few and far between) and my attempts to follow the tutorials etc. of other bloggers.

Recently a friend of a friend of my grandma's passed away, and seeing as she was a tayloress (as my grandma's aquantances invariably seem to be), she left behind a corncopia of buttons. Due to a general dissinterest by any of the immediately affected parties, these have fallen into my hands. I spent about a day just looking at them all, and imagining all the projects i could now do which i couldn't before (which wasn't that high, but they're still pretty), and they're now sitting on my shelves in colour coded pots. I think that overall my favorite pot is the green ones, they give off a sense of magic - which sounds very lame, but the act of being obsessed with buttons in the first place implies as much.

I may post photo's of the buttons, but i fear that since i have about one photo of my family on my computer, six of a bunch of buttons may be a tad strange.

Katie Xx

No comments: