Tuesday 2 December 2008

And I return...

Once more i promise a blog and it just never materialises. All this unimportant education is really getting in the way of my important blog!
Oh, well i completed that plaid ra-ra skirt i mentioned in my last post, i REALLY like it. And as a bonus, it only cos about 50 pence (about $0.75) because i recycled the zip from an old pencil case and the fabric was a long offcut that i brought for 50 pence at a charity shop.
AND, i conquered my fear of the button hole! every time i have attempted one it just hasnt worked, it probably doesnt help that my sewing machine is from 1975...but yes, I finally worked it out!.

Also last week I altered another t-shirt into a quite revealing dress...which i then proceeded to fall down the stairs in (the bruise was really quite spectacular)((it still is actually...))
I used this tutorial on about.com

Oh! and i also made a new skirt, it has a slightly elasticated waist band, and it's (currently) got two layers, one is a cute geometric print, in pink and green on white and the other layer is white with grey pinstripes. the under layer ( the grey pinstriped one) is actually part of an old frilly sheet, my mum went through our linen closet and threw a lot away and it is one of the things that i liberated from certain doom. I didnt even need to alter it, AND it already had lace attached to the bottom! it looks good, and i feel like such an eco warrior!

I have actually had a quite sparse sewing week, have been ill so my hair looks bad...and with bad hair i just never seem to want to do anything.
But this week hopefully i'll be making more...and remembering to post a blog on it!

Katie
xoxo

No comments: